Login / Sign up
> > > Subscribed threads & In box

Messages in topic: Subscribed threads & In box
Keilana55

Nbr post: 83
Register: 8/22/11
Posted: 9/13/11, 10:57 AM

I had thought I had posted this already, but can't find it, so perhaps not.

It would be groovy if we could have a check box for each thread so that we can subscribe and then get notification if there was a new reply in an "in box" - that perhaps others could even send PMs (not that there may be need for PMs here, but...).

Mostly I am just looking to save a bit of time checking through each forum group to see if there are any new responses to threads I find interesting, but overall, not a huge deal as there's not a huge amount of forum content to sift through yet.
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 9/14/11, 1:25 AM

Hi Keilana55!

Yes, we talked about this in another suggestion, and we can resume the discussion here

In fact, we would like to provide a way to subscribe to a thread and follow its activity.

You will access a page that list all the threads subscribed, and see for each of them if there is new messages.

When you subscribe to a thread, you will be able to ask to be notified when there is a new message. We were more thinking of a notification by email at first, as this is more proactiv (we come to you).

Now, as soon as you log in to the site, you could also see a little message appearing in the webbar to indicate if there is new messages in the threads you follow.
Raimla

Nbr post: 35
Register: 8/1/11
Posted: 9/14/11, 4:42 AM

Would it be possible to have 2 types of subscription? Via e-mail and in the webbar. I would personally prefer to have notifications here in the webbar without spamming my e-mail, but I am sure there are other persons who prefer the e-mail option.
loulina
Admin

Posted: 9/14/11, 9:33 AM

Yes of course you will be able to chose the type of notification.
Keilana55

Posted: 9/14/11, 3:08 PM

That is GREAT. I rarely check my email, he he.

Thanks a million!
Keilana55

Posted: 9/30/11, 4:32 PM

How is this coming along?
loulina
Admin

Posted: 10/12/11, 8:49 AM

This suggestion is planned on our to do list but not as a top priority.
I will keep you posted as soon as we start to work on it
Keilana55

Posted: 4/16/12, 4:00 PM

Hi Loulina. Any word on this yet?
loulina
Admin

Posted: 4/21/12, 12:44 AM

Hi Keilana55. Still planned, we don't forget it but it's not at the top of the list.
We will keep you updated.